Welcome to Convex Human!
Convex Human is a blog that discusses different ideas related to Computer Science, Mathematics, System Design and Architecture.
Who is Convex Human?
My name is Mohammed Amarnah. I am a Computer Science graduate, a Software Engineer, and a lifetime student. My interest in Computer Science started when I was 14 years old. Programming led my interest to several other fields, and science in general. I was a participant of several science fairs and programming competitions ever since I was in high school. From robotics, to scientific research and competitive programming competitions, all curated a deeper appreciation of science and math in me.
Expedia Group Inc.
Software Development Engineer II
May 2021 - July 2021
- Part of the Media Solutions Ad Engineering team.
- Developed several features on the Hotels.com web app.
- Worked on the integration of a custom Ad server that handled Ad units and orders.
- Started different initiatives to share interesting knowledge outside the context of Expedia.
February 2018 - May 2021
- Designed and implemented several services in a distributed service-oriented architecture, using a stack that included: Clojure, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, and other technologies.
- Developed a strong understanding of both service-oriented and microservice architectures, along with how and when to use them.
- Collaborated with the team on scaling our architecture to handle 5x the traffic during quarantine.
- Led the technical design and implementation of several games and products.
Research and Development Engineering Intern
March 2017 - October 2017
- Worked on 3D model rendering and computational geometry algorithms using C++ with openCV.
- Developed a good acquaintance with the CUDA library for optimally rendering 3D models using GPUs.
- Assisted the robotics team working on a robotic arm to automate the process of painting 3D models using ROS and Gazebo.
Systems and Web
Ruby on Rails, Unity 3D and React Native.
Databases and Memory
PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached and Cassandra.
Machine Learning and Computer Vision
OpenCV and Tensorflow.